Wednesday 15 September 2010

Spaghetti Bottarga

Having totally destroyed this dish the another night, I gave it another go. Bottarga purists will scoff at combining anything but olive oil to this dish, but since I am using the dried version I think I am absolved of sins. I thought let's go all the way and add some white wine, an obvious paring which I don't think I've ever seen. The beauty of this dish is that the dried bottarga acts as a thickening agent during the last phase of cooking. The pasta should be lathered with a nice creamy bottarga, buttery sauce.

dried bottarga to taste
150 gr of spaghetti
EVOO
good white wine
1 red chili pepper
rind of one lemon
juice of a half lemon
chopped parsley
garlic
butter
maldon sea salt
  1. saute garlic until golden; add chopped chili half way through
  2. add a glass of wine, saute further and let thicken
  3. add pasta two minutes short, make sure 3-4 tblsp of pasta water is included
  4. add 2-3 tblsp of bottarga to thicken sauce
  5. add butter, parsley, salt, lemon rind and lemon juice at the very last second
  6. serve on hot plates, sprinkle more dried bottarga over serving

No comments:

Post a Comment