Saturday 18 September 2010

Scamorza & Lardo

I'm going manic over smoked scamorza at the moment. I fell asleep concocting this combo in my head last night, thinking I would forget it by the time I awoke this morning. But that was not the case. These ingredients will be my first go, but subject to revision.

smoked scamorza
lardo colonnata
rosemary, minced finally
micro herbs (rucola, coriander, parsley)
EVOO
juice of lemon
lemon rind
sea salt
ground pepper
toothpicks (preferably thicker Japanese type)
  1. make herb dressing/dip by whizzing micro herbs, EVOO, lemon juice & rind, salt and pepper until it reaches a smooth consistency
  2. cut scamorza into rough pieces about 3x3 cm, wrap in slices of lard , sprinkle some minced rosemary over the lot
  3. broil until lard and scamorza begin to melt
  4. jab each with a toothpick, place onto a platter with a small bowl of herb dip in the middle

No comments:

Post a Comment