Sunday 6 June 2010

Gunther's Caviar Capellini

A refreshing, chilled pasta dish from Gunther's in Singapore. The chef, Gunther Hubrechsen, very kindly supplied the recipe to his signature dish which has been the talk of the town. Gunther went as far as giving me what he thinks is the best dried konbu for this recipe.

225 gr capellini
truffle oil
caviar
dried konbu
chives
S&P
sherry vinegar
ice water
  1. prepare a cold bowl by putting a small bowl into a bigger bowl of ice, keep in fridge until needed
  2. chop konbu very finely
  3. chop chives
  4. boil pasta 3.5 minutes; drain and DRY pasta well, put into the chilled bowl
  5. mix pasta with truffle oil, chives, konbu, S&P, vinegar and a tsp of chilled water (a bit more if necessary) so that everything emulsified nicely and you have a slippery and silky pasta
  6. add a dollop of caviar and serve

3 comments:

  1. could you send me the complete recipe - ive had this at gunther's three times and would love to make it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi do you mind sharing with me the complete recipe for this dish too? My email address is hydeist_90@hotmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear David, do you mind sharing the konbu and recipe with me too? My email is yilin_is@hotmail.com. What is S&P? Salt and pepper?

    ReplyDelete