Sunday 29 July 2012

Toby's Eel Risotto

Thanks Toby for this classy recipe. And yes I do stir when I make risotto, except at the end once we've added the butter and we put the lid back on the pot to let rest about a minute before serving. Hey Toby, I'm fond of cheese with fish...maybe add some parmesan to this one?

shallots
risotto rice
white wine
finely grated lemon peel
chicken broth
butter
EVOO
smoked eel
scallions
lemon juice
maldon sea salt
ground black pepper
  1. saute shallots in EVOO, then add rice until translucent before deglazing with wine
  2. stir in lemon peel
  3. add broth slowly as rice cooks
  4. stir in chopped eel, and finely slice scallions
  5. add a few cubes of butter to render the risotto creamy, let sit and put lid on top of pan for about a minute
  6. season with salt and pepper, and lemon juice to taste

2 comments:

  1. Fish with cheese?? Sacrilego! Gasp! :P

    Personally I don't necessarily mind, but usually I find cheese too overwhelming for the delicateness of fish, and in the case of the smoked eel, it's already got quite a rich taste that I wouldn't need to make it richer with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear ya...I need to send you some other fish and cheese combo ideas....japanese put cream cheese in their sushi sometimes...

    ReplyDelete