Monday 28 February 2011

San Daniele Bites

One really shouldn't have to tamper with a fine slice of San Daniele. But I found myself with a little more than I needed today and decided to have some fun with it. Can't wait to include this at my next tapas party. You could of course use regular prosciutto, but I'd insist on buffalo mozzarella.

san daniele prosciutto
buffalo mozzarella
EVOO
unami paste (Laura Santtini's is excellent)
snipped chives (optional)
  1. mix 6-7 tblsp of EVOO with 2 tsp unami paste
  2. slice mozzarella into thick matchsticks
  3. roll pieces of mozzarella up in slices of San Daniele
  4. drizzle unami oil into a small rectangular serving dish
  5. place San Daniel rolls in dish, drizzle extra unami oil on top (make sure covered and surrounding by the oil)
  6. sprinkle chives over the dish, let marinate overnight
  7. serve relatively cool



No comments:

Post a Comment