Wednesday 27 May 2009

Spaghetti Vongole My Style

I did this last night for my parents, and I think it's one of the better vongoles I've made.  The bottarga is the trick. 

spaghetti (1 pack for four people)
fresh red chile
4-5 dried pepperoncini
clams--small ones
parsley- 2 handfuls
bottarga- 2 tblsps
EVOO
S&P
5 cloves garlic
white wine
butter-- 2 tblsps
lemon

  1. in  a big pan, saute garlic and pepperoncini in a few tblsp of EVOO until former is lightly goldened; let sit in oil for so that flavor develops
  2. turn heat up, add clams, cover
  3. when clams open, add half cup of wine, maybe a bit more, til alcohol burns off
  4. take pepperoncini out, put in chopped fresh chili
  5. while above is happening, cook spaghetti 6 mins until very al dente
  6. put pasta in pan, stir, add S&P, parsley & bottarga (latter mainly as seasoning!)
  7. at very end, add butter, stir until melts, plus another splash of EVOO
  8. serve with lemon wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment