Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sea Urchin & Burrata

From Son of a Gun in West LA. The food there tasted so good, perhaps because of the mediocrity of my preceding couple of meals. But I do recall murmuring to myself that this was the best dish I had had in a while. I'd make sure that the ingredients are at the same temperature. The chef must have been thinking, what are two deliciously creamy ingredients that I could pair? This recipe serves one.

1 sea urchin
a sliver of burrata
champignons de Paris
yuzu juice
grapeseed oil
maldon sea salt
  1. mix yuzu and grapeseed oil so that they emulsify, add maldon sea salt to taste
  2. slice mushroom buttons very thinly on a mandolin
  3. spoon a piece of burrata about the size of the sea urchin
  4. place the burrata on a small white, chilled plate; then the sea urchin neatly on top
  5. place the mushroom slivers on the side of the burrata, encircling it like tiles (should only be about three slivers on each side)
  6. spoon the yuzu vinaigrette around the burrata/sea urchin and serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment