Tuesday 11 August 2009

Vinaigrette Mamie

Although my grandmother first taught me how to make a vinaigrette many years back, mine has since morphed into a very different consistency resembling that of an emulsified, mustardy mayo. I asked my grandma to reproduce the original this weekend, the vinaigrette my cousins and I fondly remember as dipity-doo (because she would hand out pieces of bread to us which we would then dip into her vinaigrette).

empty jar of bonne maman confiture
2 tbsp amora mustard
70 ml of plain white vinegar (wine vinegar ok)
150 ml corn or sunflower oil

  1. mix mustard and vinegar in jar
  2. add oil, put cap on jar, shake (depending on who's at the table, you can up the oil --1 vinegar to 3 oil --or about 220 ml)
  3. stir in s&p when need to use

2 comments:

  1. How similar is this to the dressing you used for the endive salad last week? I like the touch with the belle maman jar! (is that the same as bonne maman?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sir....this one would be much thinner and more vinaigry. the one you had was quite thick....geez i think it is bonne maman!

    ReplyDelete