Sunday 4 May 2014

Cream of Corn

I've always enjoyed a good cream of corn soup, although I can't remember the last time I had some. This is a recipe from Carmen Li, the publisher and editor-in-chief of Crave, Hong Kong's best foodie magazine. She says this soup is good hot or cold. As a side note, I may experiment and add a bit of white chocolate at the very end. The Japanese have a favorite national snack which is basically white chocolate covered popped corn.

4 corn on the cobs
1 onion
1 carrot
1 minced garlic
1 cup of chicken broth
1 tblsp butter
1 tblsp of double cream
maldon sea salt
ground black pepper

  1. chop the vegetables into small dice and sauté in butter
  2. add broth, simmer for half hour
  3. blend and put through a fine sieve a few times until very smooth
  4. add cream and seasoning (this would be where I add some white chocolate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment